Saturday, May 31, 2003

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

Find it here.

1. Do you like summer? Why or why not?
I love summer. Hot weather is just my thing. I would much rather sweat than shiver and sniff anyday.

2. What is your favorite summer activity? Why?
Everything. I pratically hibernate in the winter only going out when necessary, so in the summer I shine. Visiting friends, shopping, yard sales, long walks, sitting on the porch reading, amusement parks, picnics, the list is endless.

What is your favorite summer destination? Why?
I don't really have one. I don't go on vacation very often. I would love to go the the Islands one day. I'm also the type who likes to just get in the car and just drive. My best friend and I did that once. Driving and laughing, eating at hole in the wall mom & pop joints. We didn't travel far away, but it was fun to discover how others not so far away lived. And just being together without the distractions of every day life was refreshing.

4. What are your summer plans for 2003?
I recently moved back home so I'm going to rediscover my hometown.

5. Would you be in favor of rotating long breaks for school-aged kids so that there aren't as many out at the same time during summer? Why or why not?
Definitely not. It makes it almost impossible to plan vacations if you have children going to different schools. This was an issue at my daughter's school in Virginia which was going to a year-round schedule. A lot of the parents were opting out because they had children in middle or high school and it put them on separate vacation schedules. I don't like the idea of either not being able to go away for vacation, or one child missing school in order to go as a family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home