Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm still going with my simple and frugal lifestyle, but I love teachers. My first major in college was teaching and after being in the classroom, I have mad respect for teachers (and bus drivers), so I always try to get them something for Christmas, even if it's a simple note saying "Thank you" You would be surprised how little teachers hear those words. So this year for Christmas, I'm going with the mug theme.
Throughout the year, every time I go to the thrift store I scan the coffee mugs and have managed to pick up mugs with "World's Greatest Teacher" or something along those lines all but one was 25 cents. The bus driver is a Buckeye fan, so I found an OSU mug for her.
We are going to fill the OSU mug with candy. A few conversations with her and I found out she loves Tootsie Rolls.
My daughter's teacher is getting a mug with bookmarks we are going to make (printed off the internet and covered with packing tape), a couple of tea bags and a $10 gift card to Barnes and Noble.
My son't teacher is getting a mug with sheets of stickers, pens and a giftcard to Office Max.
The teacher's aide is getting a mug with candy and a giftcard to Wal-Mart.

You can defintely leave out the giftcards and keep the cost under $10 for all of them. This time of year even if you don't find teacher mug, the thrift store shelves are overflowing with Christmas mugs. Put the mugs in a nice gift bag or wrap in tissue paper or wrap if you're good at that kind of thing. Easy peasy way to say thanks to the people who are helping you shape your kids.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home