Thursday, January 31, 2008

I found this blog. She is going to use her crockpot every day for a year. And post pictures too. I love the ideal of my crock pot, but most of the recipes I find are too much work. Who has time to chop, dice and all that jazz in the morning? I've people say do the prep the night before and assemble it in the morning. You mean, cook twice? Three times if you count pulling everything together once it's finished. Yeah, that's too much work, I'm all about simplifying things, but this site has easy recipes that I can actually see myself doing. She gives simple (sometimes funny) directions like: --mix with finger. or a spoon. whatever.And she uses real ingredients like canned tomatoes and cranberry sauce, of which I have 2 cans left over from Thanksgiving. I'm making the oatmeal (sans apple) this weekend for breakfast.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

I recently tried prepping as much of my food as I could after I bought it from the store. I don't always get around to everything, but it does make it easier to cook when onions and bell peppers and stuff are chopped up and or prepackaged.

Monday, February 4, 2008 at 11:48:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you by way of Rosemarie and I went to the crock pot lady's site too LOL!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 9:06:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep wanting to try baking in a crock pot. That's a cool site.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 5:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home