Friday, January 18, 2008

I said it before and I'll say it again, I hate feet. Now that it's cold people forget about their feet so that when the summer rolls around I'm grossed out by your nasty, crusty feet. Keep your feet presentable now so that when the warm weather hits, you'll be ready.

Winter Months Pedicure

1. It should go without saying that you need to start with clean feet. So go take a shower, but before you do, take off any old polish. While you're in the shower use a pumice stone to remove the dead skin from your feet. Most people are too rough with this at home, so be gentle.

2. Cut your nails and file them straight across. Round off the edges very slightly so they don't snag your stockings.

3. Apply cuticle softner and massage into your cuticles.

4. Use an orange stick (or your thumb nail) to push back your cuticles. Once again be gentle. Let feet rest for about 5 minutes. (Now would be a good time for your spouse to massage your feet with some peppermint oil)

5. Use a nail brush to clean feet and nails. Dry feet thouroughly.

6. Massage lotion on feet. You can stop here. If you want to polish your nails, use a cotton ball dipped in remover to clean lotion off nail.

7. Apply a basecoat. Let dry. Apply color. Let dry. Apply top coat. Let dry.

**Since your feet will most likely be covered, you can forgo the colored polish and just apply clear polish, especially if you always smudge your polish.

**If you have especially dry feet do this right before bed and stop at #5. Instead of lotion, use a generous amount of vaseline, then put on a pair of cotton socks. I will wrap my feet in a towel and relax for an hour and so, then use the towel to wipe off the excess vaseline. When you wake up, you will notice a dramatic difference in your feet.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Believer said...

I want to try the Vaseline for an hour while I'm blogging before bed. Thanks!

Friday, January 18, 2008 at 6:42:00 PM EST  
Blogger ShannanB said...

I am with you. I hate feet. They just give me chills when I see them out.

Friday, January 25, 2008 at 6:24:00 AM EST  
Blogger Believer said...

I tried the Vaseline with socks. It works! =)

Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 4:59:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home